1. Product Name
PrimeLock Acrylic Primer
2. Distributed by EPDM Coatings
494 Bridgeport Ave Suite 101, PMB 342 Shelton,CT 06484-4748
3. Product Description
PrimeLock Acrylic Primer is an excellent adhesion promoter for chalky prepainted metal roofs or as a bleed blocker for asphalt roofs.
- Reduces asphalt bleed through and improves adhesion of roof coatings to the substrate.
- Excellent resistance to heat, cold, moisture and weathering.
- Dark color absorbs the sun’s heat to accelerate the curing process or to increase roof temperature prior to the application of polyurethane foam.
- Easy to use, non-toxic and VOC-compliant water based primer.
4. Technical Data
See table on the following page.
- Ready to use. Thinning is not necessary. Mix well before using.
- Roof must be clean, dry and free of any oil, grease, dirt or loosely adhered coating. Bare surfaces must be prepared and checked for compatibility.
- Follow our roof restoration procedures and always perform an adhesion test before.
- Equipment: polyester brush, short nap roller, spreader or 3000psi, 2gpm airless sprayer with a .017 tip. Do not leave coating in spray guns, hoses and pumps for prolonged periods.
6. Availability & Cost
PrimeLock Acrylic Primer is available directly from EPDM Coatings.
Contact EPDM Coatings for warranty information.
Periodic maintenance of EPDM Roof Restoration System ensures extended service life and maintains reflectivity.
9. Technical Services
Contact EPDM Coatings for Technical Support. Additional information, product literature, brochures, and specifications are available.
10. Filing Services
Additional product information is available from EPDM Coatings.
This product data sheet conforms to the editorial style prescribed by The Construction Specifications Institute. The manufacturer is responsible for technical accuracy.
|Application Temperature||55°F (and rising) - 100°F. Less than 85% relative humidity|
|Coverage||600 sq ft per 5 gallon pail|
|Density||8.5 ±0.2 lbs/gal|
|Dry Time||Dries to touch in 1 - 3 hours.
12 - 24 hours to recoat. Depending on humidity and moisture.
|Packaging||5 gallon pail|
|Shelf Life||12 months @ 40°F-90°F|
|Solids by Weight||39% ±2%||ASTM D1644|
|Viscosity||650 ±250 cP||Brookfield|
Caution: PrimeLock Acrylic Primer is a water-based product which will freeze and become unusable at temperatures below 32°F. Suspend all application if conditions prevent a complete cure before sunset, rain, fog, dew or freezing temperatures. The surface must be completely dry before exposing to water or foot traffic. Keep containers covered when not in use. Dispose of all containers in accordance with state and local environmental regulations. Keep away from children. If ingested, DO NOT induce vomiting. Call physician immediately.
Product information contained herein are presented in good faith and believed to be reliable. They do not constitute part of our terms and conditions of sale. It is also not a guarantee, either expressed or implied, that the data are correct or that products described are merchantable or fit for a particular purpose as methods of use are beyond our control. Customer should determine the suitability of our materials and installation recommendations before usage. Manufacturer's sole responsibilty shall be to replace that portion of any product that proved to be defective.